Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Byng. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever it is possible.
Byng makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- The state Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Student Transfer Application
- Parents who need access to technology to print or complete the form can visit any school site or the superintendent’s office.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The applications for the 23-24 school year can be submitted through the Oklahoma State Department of Education beginning June 1, 2023. Per current policy FE (see below) Byng transfers for the 2023-2024 school year will begin being processed after July 1st. Students who attended the district on a transfer during the 2022-23 school year will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel and school personnel.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance, and discipline issues.
- Transfers for siblings will be considered separately.
- If the grade a student requests is over capacity, he/she will be offered the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list.
- Trasnportation is not provided for students on an open transfer.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed by following the appeal process described in Byng Policy FE.
For more information regarding transfers, click here to visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education Website.
State Law (SB 783)
Administrative Code 210:10-1-18, 210:10-1-8.1
For additional quesitons you can contact the Site Principal or the District Registrar
District Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Byng High School, Trent Miller email@example.com
Byng Junior High, Josh Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
Byng Elementary, Holly Wood email@example.com
Homer Upper Elementary (2nd-5th grade), Lisa Shores, firstname.lastname@example.org
Homer Lower Elementary (PK-1st grade), Vicki Wilson, email@example.com
Francis Elementary, Johna Hancock, firstname.lastname@example.org